What Can You Expect?
Stillness is one of the principles in our Yin Yoga practice, but what is it and what is preventing us from finding it?
French mathematician and philosopher Blaise Pascal famously noted, “All the unhappiness of men arises from one simple fact: that they cannot sit quietly in their chamber.” In this training we will explore the Art of Stillness: the adventure of going nowhere but inside ourselves.
The idea behind choosing to sit still long enough to learn about yourself is simple and has been around for ages. Marcus Aurelius and Epictetus reminded us many millennia ago that it’s how we respond to our experiences, not the experiences themselves, which shape us.
In this training we will dive inwards to explore what it is that makes us tick and how we can learn to choose our response by coming to the root of the trigger. You’re invited to learn how through the techniques of yin yoga you can better equip yourself to create more stillness and freedom in your life.
Malin Tennent and Jeff Lester will guide you through the theory and principles behind the practice and the benefits available on all levels of your being: physiological, energetic, and psychological.
You’ll gain a deeper awareness of the wide range of anatomical human variation, including your own uniqueness, and learn about the concepts of tension and compression and how this affects your practice.
What Will You Walk Away With?
You’ll explore the varied benefits of Yin Yoga in general and learn how to safely adapt Yin Yoga for your unique body and practice.
- Guidance in to the philosophy, principles and practice of Yin Yoga
- An awareness of the differences between yin and yang styles of yoga
- An understanding of physiology and anatomy—from the bones outward including the limits to movement and the significance of skeletal variation.
- Insight into energy including prana, qi (chi) and the meridians.
- Detailed instructions for practicing and teaching Yin Yoga asanas.
- Discussions on the best practices for teaching Yin Yoga and how to modify the practice for students’ unique bodies and/or specific conditions.
- An understanding of how what you learnt as a child impacts your life today.
- The tools to free yourself from negative patterns and behaviours.
I liked Yin before the training but I am now fascinated by it and love Yin! I have noticed a huge difference in my body and look forward to a deeper dive into Yin in the future.
Over the last year or so Yin Yoga had been becoming a bigger part of my practice and I really wanted to get a better understanding of why it appealed to me so much. When I heard about the course I was instantly interested, but I had no idea how much I would gain from it. The content and pace of the 50 hours course was perfectly delivered and gave a deep and immersive quality to the teaching. I would highly recommend this training.
I loved it and feel bereft that I've got no trainings for now.
Who Is This Training For?
This training is designed for students who have been practicing yoga for at least one year and want to deepen their understanding of the practice. Prior experience in Yin Yoga is not required. You do not have to be a yoga teacher nor desire to become one, but you are expected to have a passion for yoga.
DATE: 3-7 November 2021
(Live Zoom Calls)
TIME: 9am - 7pm
* Early Bird ends 4th October 2021, investment £600 thereafter.